I am so grateful to have the most amazing mother a girl could ever ask for. My mom is my rock. We have such a strong relationship, and I cherish every second of it!! Since I left for college four years ago, our relationship has only grown stronger, and for that I am extremely grateful. I like to say that my mom is my best friend, but I also want people to know that she is the perfect embodiment of being a friend AND a parent. She knows when to give her opinion, and when to back off. She knows when I need a hug, even if I haven’t said a word. I am just so blessed that my mom and I truly love spending time together, and I’m so glad there’s a holiday to celebrate her and everything she’s done for me. I will never ever be able to thank her enough.
But to start, I thought I’d do a little post about the top things I’ve learned from my mom!
- Family is forever #1. Mom, you never go a day without making me feel special. You always make sure that Dad, Jen and I are cared for, happy and fiercely loved. I truly don’t know how you do it!
- To have faith. I owe you so much for helping shape my religious beliefs and experiences as I grew up. Your strong faith is something to look up to, and I’m so grateful we both know and are Known by the Creator of the Universe!! I know that God knew what He was doing when He picked you to be my mom.
- Kindness costs nothing. It’s so much easier, kinder, and genuine to just be nice!! When you grow up with such a sweet woman as your mom, the kindness becomes contagious. I’m so glad you raised me this way, and that I know this truth.
- To work hard! You never stopped motivating me or telling me how much you believed in me. Your faith in me and my dreams means so much to me an I can’t wait to chase them for the rest of my life and to continue making you proud!
- What to value in life. You have raised me to know the value and weight of solid relationships, and of experiences over material things. I am forever grateful that you have taught these to me, and I will spend the rest of my life striving to keep these truths evident in my world.
- How to have fun! Our many family vacays, Friday night dinners out, or just a Gilmore Girls marathon on the couch are memories that I will cherish forever and I love that we have fun doing the same things. I think it’s special that you and Jen have your own things, and we have ours.
- To be brave. From being scared to needles to facing the large unknowns of life – you have always been the bravest woman I know! I walk boldly into any situation now, because my mom taught me to be brave & strong! As Entity magazine (my new internship!) says, “I am strong because a strong woman raised me.” Never a truer truth than that♡
- To be selfless. Mom, I don’t know anyone in this world as selfless as you. You are a true superhero. I don’t know how you do it. This is something I’ve learned from you, but something I haven’t quite mastered yet. I aspire to someday be as selfless as you.
- To live in the moment. We have always strived to do this everywhere we go, and because of that I have a million amazing memories with you and our wonderful family! I cherish every second we spend together, and look forward to each next reunion every time we’re apart!
- Lastly, how to be a good mom. While I am nowhere near the parenthood stage of my life, I know that when the time comes, I will be ready and I will be a fantastic mom because I learned from the absolute very best. You have shaped me into who I am today, and I count myself lucky to have grown up watching you and becoming more and more like you. You are the best mom a girl could ever hope for.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. I love you!
1, 5 & 9 are speaking to my heart right now! Such a cute post.
this is the cutest post ever! i love it!